Do you want to know who is really behind the running your home health care agency? One of the things you have to ask: “Have the middle and upper management ever done any in the field home health care work themselves?” If the people who run a home health care agency have no clue how to work with a client and have never experienced being a caregiver – then how can they really know the needs of a client, or support the needs of their own caregivers?
Here at Sacramento Life Force Home Health Care, all the people in our office have worked in the home health care field as direct care staff for many years with clients. We are caregivers first, and administrators second – we know how to correctly give home health care to you at every possible level.
Furthermore, if you ever have a problem – we are here for you! It is very easy for you to reach out and communicate with the Director of Client Services or owners of Sacramento Life Force. Compare that with the multiple levels of bureaucracy, lack of responsibility and a general “Not my problem” attitude you can find at the largest (and often the most expensive) nationwide home health care agencies.
We Are Your Neighbors and Members of Your Community
At Sacramento Life Force Home Health Care we take pride in the fact that our home health care agency is a local home grown independent organization, with only the Sacramento Metro Area in mind. We know the area, the people and the needs of our local community.
We are not a home health care franchise company, and we are not a large home health care corporation. Many of these corporate companies look at you and your love ones simply as “market share”.
That is not the way it is with Sacramento Life Force, we look at the fullness of the individual human side of each person we serve. That is why we always plan out an individual client service plan at the start of services – we will know what your needs are and you will know what to expect from us. Our Client Service Plan is an ever changing document, adapting to changes in your needs. We want to make sure the care given by Sacramento Life Force Home Health Care will always be the very best available in the Metro Sacramento, CA Region – our home and our community.
We Run Our Home Health Care Agency Right!
Sacramento Life Force Home Health Care is NOT a referral agency, nor do we use independent contractors! We feel we must warn the community about dangers of using independent contractors for your home health care. Many Sacramento and even national agencies use staff that are independent contractors and are not employees working directly for them. This can be a huge problem for you.
With an independent contractor you and your family are considered to be the legal employer for that independent contractor!
This exposes you to many risks you might not be aware of. Possible risks of hiring an independent contractor may include:
- Federal audits by various Governmental Agencies – Including: IRS, Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- State audits by various State Agencies – Including: CA Franchise Tax Board, Employment Development Department and Cal/OSHA.
- Loss of Control – Highly supervised or controlled caregivers might be considered employees, not independent contractors; possibly leading to heavy fines and penalties from a Federal or State audit.
- Restrictions on Right to Fire – You do not have an unrestricted right to fire an independent contractor, you are limited by the terms of your agreement with them. If you need to get rid of an independent contractor who has not technically violated your agreement, you could be later sued for huge amounts of damages. Even if you fire an independent contractor because THEY violated the terms of the agreement, YOU could wind up with expensive legal fees if you have to prove it in court.
- Liability for Injuries – If anything were to happen and the homecare staff member gets hurt, you are not protected and can be sued. Furthermore, audits almost always follow any injury claim. You and your home owners insurance may have to cover huge damages and fines.
This is only the tip of the iceberg of this issue – for more information about the legal risks of hiring independent contractors you should discuss the issue with your attorney. These can also be problems when you personally hire-on independent contractors on as individuals on the side.
At Sacramento Life Force we have you completely covered and protected – your caregivers are OUR employees. We take care of the required workman’s comp insurance, general liability insurance, bonding insurance and unemployment insurance. We also take care of all the taxes of all our care giver employees as well as paying our own fair share of payroll and other taxes to support our local, state and federal governments.